Our applications period begins on Tuesday, January 4, 2022. There is a priority deadline of Monday, February 14, 2022, for re-enrollment, but applications will remain open. We will make admission decisions by Friday, March 18, 2022 and will notify families shortly thereafter.
- Children entering preschool must be four years of age by August 31.
- Children entering kindergarten must be five years of age by August 31.
- Students applying for admission in 1st through 8th grades must present a copy of the current report card and standardized test results and any IEP or 504 plan applicable for review and determination of whether our program will meet the educational needs of your child. An interview with the student is often part of the admission process.
- We may require incoming students to participate in testing in some academic areas.
The following documents are due at the time of application but no later than five days from the date of application. Applications are considered incomplete until documents are received:
- Most recent report card
- IEP (if applicable)
- St. Anthony of Padua Parish Participation Voucher (please call St. Anthony's Parish) or Sacred Heart Parish Participation Voucher if you indicated Catholic on application.
The following documents are due following acceptance but no later than June 8:
We adhere to the following priorities in accepting students at SJPII as openings become available:
1. Siblings of currently enrolled students at SJPII
2. Members of St. Anthony of Padua and Sacred Heart Parishes
3. Members of other parishes
4. Non-Catholic students
All new students enter a trial period in which to prove themselves both socially and academically. If during this trial period there are any serious concerns regarding a child’s safety, academic fitness, or general impact upon the learning environment, we may ask a student to withdraw his/her attendance at Saint John Paul II School.
We will admit non-Catholic students whose parents accept the philosophy of Saint John Paul II Catholic School on a space-available basis.
Though we enjoy the support of local parishes, parish financial resources are also stretched, which limits the parishes' direct financial support to the school. The school finance committee, along with the school business office personnel, the pastor, and parental input, recommended an adjusted tuition and fee schedule for the coming year. Please see the attached schedule, re-enrollment, and intent form.
- Annual non-refundable administrative fee for enrollment in the FACTS program per family:
- Re-enrollment fee is $175.00
- Technology/academic materials fee is $300.00
- Fees totaling $475.00 per student, must be pain upfront before your child is officially enrolled/re-enrolled. This paid fee secures your child's place
- We will bill tuition on an annual, semi-annual, or 11 month period.
- First payment will start in June with a June-April tuition billing cycle.
- All fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees are subject to the terms outline in the withdrawal policy, included in this contract.
- You must complete FACTS Agreements for new families on our Facts Management site. Families currently enrolled in FACTS tuition program will be automatically re-enrolled on their current payment plan. Please contact the office for monthly payment amounts for late enrollees.
Parish Participation Voucher
SJPII uses the parish participation voucher to confirm that you are an active parishioner. If you are moving from outside of the Sandhills area, please have your current parish complete the voucher. We award any discounts based on the discretion of the local parish in which you are now registered. Please download and print the Sacred Heart Parish Participation Voucher, or contact St. Anthony Parish for that voucher at (910) 692-6613.
African-American and Native-American Scholarships
On behalf of the Diocese of Raleigh Office of African Ancestry Ministry & Evangelization (AAMEN) and Native American Catholic Community, we offer an opportunity for African-American and Native American students to apply for the Tuition Assistance Award.
The funds for the awards come from the Black & Indian Missions grant awarded to the AAMEN office. Over the years, the office has provided funds to the Catholic Schools of the Diocese. For the past decade, the focus has shifted towards family assistance instead of schools; thus we encourage financially eligible families, regardless of school, to apply.
Please use the following links to access the applications:
- Native American Catholic Community Tuition Assistance Application
- Office of African Ancestry Ministry and Evangelization Tuition Assistance Application
Saint John Paul II School admits students of any religion, race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or athletic and other school-administered programs.